Sunday, June 21, 2009

My Thoughts About New Moon

Wallpaper_2_1280x1024 New Moon, the second part of the Twilight Saga is coming out on November 20, 2009.  I heard a lot of bad reviews about this one compared to Twilight, so I didn’t really rush on reading it.  But after watching the trailer, I feel like I have to. 

The trailer sort of gave out the few chapters of the book.  A scene from the trailer shows that Edward leaving Bella forever for some reason.  After what they’ve been through.. WHY!  Twilight will not be Twilight without Edward!  After that heartbreaking scene, a familiar vampire came to the picture taunting Bella.  With Edward gone, who will rescue our damsel in another distress!  BOOM!  Jacob came running and transformed into a WOLF!

Will there be more action in  New Moon?  More romance? I have yet to find out!

A lot of things has been said about Twilight.  It is obviously a book catered to teenage girls. Most of them fell in love with the character of Edward the romantic vampire specially when the movie came out played by Robert Pattinson .  A lot of guys probably won’t admit they read Twilight or even watch the movie. Some of my friends even say they watched it because of their girlfriend and they are not interested to watch it at all. 

Oh well, I did read the book and watch the movie on my own prerogative.  I am not ashamed to admit it!  While reading Twilight, the author was able to make me feel that I am part of the story.  It is quite magical to be in Bella’s shoes as I turn each and every page, and I guess this is why most guys don’t bother reading the book at all, because they don’t want to be Bella. 

But I don’t care!  I will read New Moon and be in the shoes of a very brave character again and experience the mystery of werewolves this time around!

No comments: