Sunday, April 05, 2009

Im A Quitter! I Think.

Smoking. I hated people who smoke when I was a kid. I don't really get why so many people, specially men, inhale smoke and enjoy doing it. Like a normal curious kid, i tried lighting a cigarette from my grandfather's ash tray, and i didn't like it! Its just smoke! After that, I told myself I will not smoke EVER!

I ate what I said. Back in College, I smoked 3-5 sticks a day and nobody knew this until my Mom saw a pack of cigarette somewhere in my room. I was really embarassed. I stopped smoking for a while but the addiction keeps coming back whenever I see someone around me smoking.

I tried quitting not once or twice, but a LOT of times but ended up failing! Probably because its very cheap and convenient to buy cigars in Manila. You can even get it per stick on any corner of the street. Here in Singapore, one pack costs around 10 dollars, 300 pesos compared to around 25 pesos in Manila. Its about 10 times more expensive! It didn't stop me from smoking though, but I limit it to 2 sticks a day.

Again and again.. I tried quitting but failed. Its my way if escaping stress. It relaxes me. Now, I think I am determined to finally stop smoking. It started when I felt unhealthy because of not doing any sort of exercise while eating too much. And with that, I thought of dieting by eating fruits only for dinner, and night jogging. But to be completely healthy, i have to stop smoking. It is hard, but I really want to stop. I'd probably take a light whenever a friend offers one, but thats it. I bought my last pack 3 weeks ago, and i will try my best not to buy one again. Wish me luck guys!

No comments: